Representative Criminal Matters
- Represented a defense contractor indicted for falsifying test data for aircraft parts. Conducted an internal investigation, negotiated a favorable plea agreement, and participated in the development of a corporate compliance program.
- Obtained a misdemeanor plea for a high-ranking United States Army officer in a federal felony indictment concerning his role as project manager of a major Defense Department weapon development program.
- Obtained a no-prosecution decision from the Justice Department for a defendant in multi-million dollar federal securities fraud case.
- Defended a senior partner of a former “Big Five” accounting firm in criminal indictment and regulatory investigations concerning allegations of bid rigging with the governor of a state.
- Successfully defended a former lieutenant governor of a Midwestern state in criminal and regulatory investigations by federal and state agencies relating to his management of a U.S. senator and presidential candidate’s blind trust, campaign contributions to federal and state political candidates, and tax evasion.
- On behalf of the U.S. Department of Justice, conducted a five-year investigation and resulting criminal prosecutions of high-ranking organized crime members and Teamsters Union officials for labor racketeering at JFK International Airport. Directed undercover operations, electronic eavesdropping, and grand jury investigations. Supervised FBI, IRS, and Customs agents, New York City police officers, and other Justice Department attorneys. Served as lead prosecutor in multiple trials and appeals.